Chunky Fisherman's Pie
Chunks of fish in a creamy sauce, covered with a layer of sweetcorn mash.
|Preparation time:||30 minutes|
|Cooking time:||40 minutes|
- 200g White Fish Fillet
- 200g Salmon Fillet
- 200g Smoked Haddock Fillet
- 200g Peeled Prawns
- 50g Butter
- 50g Plain Flour
- 500ml Milk
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1kg Potatoes
- 300g Sweetcorn
- 40g Butter
- Handful of Coriander (loosely chopped)
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Start with potatoes; Bring to boil a large saucepan of water.
- Chop potatoes into 3cm chunks, put into the saucepan, cook until potatoes are tender or skin starts to peel away.
- While potatoes are cooking, cut fish fillets into medium sized chunks, then mix prawns in with fish chunks, transfer to your oven dish and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Make the sauce; Melt butter in a saucepan, sautè onions and garlic cloves.
- Slowly stir in flour for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and gradually stir in milk to get a nice smooth sauce.
- Put heat back on, while stirring, bring to boil, leave for 5 minutes to cool, then pour onto the fish and prawns, then mix together.
- Back to potatoes; Drain away water, then lightly mash potatoes.
- Add in sweetcorn, butter, coriander, salt and pepper, then mix together well.
- Evenly spoon on top of the filling, making sure the mash to right to the edge.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until peaks on mash have turned a golden brown colour.