No Grease Mango, Banana and Walnut Cake
Soft banana cake with a twist. Quick and easy recipe, perfect with custard. Made with no margarine or butter, not even for greasing the pan! No grease doesn't mean your cake will be dry, the banana and mangoes will compensate.
|Servings:||12 large or 24 small slices|
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
- 300g Self Raising Flour
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 4 Medium Eggs
- 2 Very Ripe Bananas (mashed)
- Flesh of 2 Large Mangoes (finely chopped or pureed)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 100g Walnut Pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C, gas mark 4. Line a 10" x 8" brownie baking tray with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine flour, sugar, eggs, fruit and vanilla essence with a mixer into a nice cake mixture consistency.
- Fold in most of the nuts with a spatula, the rest can be sprinkled on top of the cake mixture after pouring into the brownie tray.
- Pour complete mixture into your brownie tray, making sure you spread the mixture evenly across the tray.
- Sprinkle the remainder walnut pieces on top of the mixture.
- Put the tray on the top shelf of the oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.