Yep, there’s WhatsApp and there’s WhatsApp Business, and it’s FREE! Who doesn’t love a freebie, eh? This article will be a part of a series of posts related to free business tools to help you manage your business for free.
WhatsApp Business was built with the small business owner in mind. The app makes it easy to personally connect with your customers, highlight your products and services, and answer their questions throughout their shopping experience. You can create a catalogue to showcase your products and services and use special tools to automate, sort and quickly respond to messages.
WhatsApp Business Features
The regular WhatsApp is a very useful and popular messaging platform to stay in touch with friends and family but with WhatsApp Business, you can nurture relations between yourself and your customers. Below are screenshots of what you can expect to see on an Android;
As you can see from the main settings page, you have access to several settings;
This page gives the customer an overview of your business.
- Add a short description about your business.
- Add your important contact details, i.e. website, email address.
- Provide your customers with links to your website and social media accounts.
- Add your products and services here.
- Add a collection of products or services.
- Upload product or service images.
- Add links to your checkout pages.
- Setup an automatic greeting for new contacts.
Choose whether this message is sent to everyone who contacts you, people who aren’t in your address book, everyone except specific people or only specific people.
- Setup an away message.
You can set it up to automatically reply to all received messages and schedule when to send it out.
- Setup quick replies.
When you type / followed by a trigger word, the whole message with be ready for sending. For example, if you type /thanks, the whole message could read, ‘Thanks for getting in touch, I look forward to receiving your email’.
- Setup labels.
Assign a label (colour) to a contact to quickly identify their status, for example, a green lable could mena you’ve completed their order.
Reach More Customers
- Easily create a Facebook ad from the details you have added to your profile.
- Connect WhatsApp to your Facebook and Instagram accoounts.
- Create a QR code to post on your website or social media which automatically opens a new chat with you when they scan your code.
Here’s what a QR code looks like. Scan it with your camera and see what it does!
Now that you know what WhatsApp Business is all about, how about downloading the app?